One of the first questions people ask when planning a Katy Trail trip is "What will the weather be like?"
That's tough to answer, because Missouri weather can be unpredictable.
But here are a few generalizations (which won't necessarily be true in any given year):
- Most thunderstorms occur in June, but there are many in July and August too
- May has the most rain, followed closely by April, June, and November
- July and August are brutally hot
- Most snow falls in January and February
- Fall foliage peaks around the middle of October
Again, these are broad generalizations, which are prone to exceptions.
For a more scientific approach to predicting the weather, see the Missouri averages below.
Weather patterns tend to move across this region in a west-to-east direction.
If it's raining in Clinton today, it will probably be raining in St Charles tomorrow.
You may want to check the Current Katy Trail Weather Conditions
on the day before a Katy Trail trip, and again just before starting your trip, to see if bad
weather is headed your way.